Tuesday 22 August 2017

Celebrity Masterchef episode 2

 
Some of the veg in first task I've no idea about.
Well Julia didn't know some of them too and she doesn't seem to be doing that well but It was ok. The presentation was definitely lacking but she said so herself.
Jim did really well on the ingredients...I'm very surprised!!!
He did the hummus first which makes sense since that's not cooking or going to go cold. His dish didn't look too bad and he only did the same thing wrong as Julia, the flatbread was too thick so didn't cook enough in middle. His meat fell apart same as Julia's too.
Angelicca didn't do great on the identifying of the veg...but she knew as much as me so I can't say nothing really. The dish she seems to be doing ok...she did her flatbread thinner so that's one thing better than the other 2 before her. She did really well...but i expected her to.
Henri now I expected him to know more of the veg...don't know why though because he didn't know them at all...only the 2 easy ones, vanilla pods and ginger. He's cooked his meat a lot bigger than they should be and round instead of long and thin so that's new. Ha....can't believe he put some stuff in the lif in the blender when making the hummus. But his dish looked good presentation wide...shame he didn't do too well. His bread wasn't cooked, too thick like the other 2 before him. Even his meat wasn't cooked enough. The only good part was his hummus that he did well.

I'm surprised at where they've gone to cook, at an institute. Not a normal restaurant like normally...wow they've got some amount of veg on display in there when they walked into the kitchen.
Julia wants to keep it simple which I can kind of understand...cooking for 100 or so people. It's a bit worrying.
Julia's not a very fast cutter, I remember from last time...she even said it herself.
The girls I'm impressed with what they're wanting to cook, especially for dessert. The guys were weak on dessert...far too simple.
Julia's not doing too much...Angelicca is running about doing everything.
I'm glad the lads decided to do an actual dessert since baldy said something about chocolate sauce on fruit not being a dessert. They seem to be doing fairly well, they don't seem to be panicing the same as the girls. They seem more organised, but every time Angelicca asked Julia about her cooking she didn't tell her anything, so how could she plan along side her?!
They all did really well though...surprisingly. The guys chicken was really popular and really nice, seasoned well and cooked perfect. Shame about the vegetarian stir fry noodles...and the ones that had it weren't that impressed with it.
It was the girls vegetarian dish that they all wanted...everyone loved them .
The desserts everyone went for both of them. They loved the girls pavolva, they looked lovely. So did the guys apple tart, I could eat both of them now but thats my sweet tooth again.
They all did very well. I've no idea which 2 will be going home after the next task.

To be cooking for previous winners of Masterchef must be intimidating. Jim more or less said exactly that, after I'd just wrote it. Great minds think alike...lol.
Jim's cooking kidneys...I hate kidney so that doesn't appeal to me at all. I can't say his dessert appeals to me much either really.
Henri has set himself way too much to do in my eyes. And the shell food isn't my cup of tea. But lamb I like.
Julia says herself she's not a very elaborate cook and I agree. But she has put I decent menu together. The dessert again isn't too inventive but the risotto is quite clever.
Angelicca is great though...like i thought right from the start. 
Well...one of the previous champions definitely looks like a rugby player or boxer, cauliflower ears both sides, but not the kind of cauliflower you want on a cooking show.
Jim let himself down a bit in his main course with no seasoning at all, nothing in it to add crunch...nothing special. But then they are saying the same about his figs, no amazing flavour or anything to stand out. Shame! He did so well with everything else.
Henri has done a great first course, everyones impressed. It does look really nice though. Scallops being cooked well is a skill in itself like cauliflower ears said. I'm very impressed at his lamb being cooked well, being such a big rack of ribs I thought it wouldn't have cooked through enough. It looks really nice, great presentation on both his dishes. They're all impressed too. He's done brilliantly.
Julia's first dish is good, I'm not a seafood fan particularly so I'd prefer it with just the taste and no fish and it was quite clever. But some of them weren't too happy with it not having its ingredientsthat it was cooked with. The dessert was good, but not great....seemed like it was missing something which they all said. Unfortunate because she seemed happy with what she's done.
Angeliccas I'm expecting to be great as she usually is. She did well on first dish...it only had 1 little thing wrong, the fat in her lamb hadn't cooked enough inside the breadcrumbs...shame! Her dessert I would eat all of them...cheesecake is my favourite dessert. It looks amazing. It was that good that one of them who isn't a cheescake fan said he was a convert. That's impressive.
But Henri seemed to be top with everyone. 2nd is Angelicca which is new, usually she's the best and I expected her to be right from the start. I thought surely those two will go through and they did which I'm glad about. Best of luck to them.

Top Ad 728x90